Fitted for Work
Fitted for Work
“Fitted for Work provided me with interview advice and confidence. The experience made me feel really positive and ready to go and smash the interview.”
Holly, Fitted for Work Client
Fitted for Work is a not-for-profit organisation based in Melbourne and with services operating in Parramatta NSW and delivered virtually throughout Australia. Our mission is to help women experiencing disadvantage get work and keep it. We do this by providing business clothing and intensive interview training at our personal dressing services and through our unique range of WomanKind and Mentoring job readiness programs.
Through mutual respect, compassion, integrity and trust, our dedicated staff and trained volunteers help vulnerable women gain the self-esteem and confidence to achieve their goal of finding sustainable employment and attain financial independence.
Fitted for Work services include:
• Outfitting Service - the provision of quality work appropriate clothing
• Resume and Interview Hub service
• Personal presentation and makeup workshops
• WomanKind program - life skills, confidence building and job readiness activities
• Work Familiarisation Days with corporate supporters
• Mentoring - pre and post-employment support
• Job Preparation Workshops - onsite in workplaces
• SheWorks -pathways into employment
• Virtual Dressing and Resume Hub services
•Employment Expo’s and our Transition to Work Program at both DPFC and Tarrengower prisons.
Fitted for Work partners with over 300 referral partners and other agencies to provide on-referrals and support for the needs of women accessing our services.
Our Social Enterprise initiatives, SheWorks and The Conscious Closet respectively provide direct pathways into employment opportunities with Fitted for Work employer partners and provide income to support programs through on selling donated clothing not suitable for the Dressing Service.
To get involved, visit their website here.