Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Casual Non Standard Hours
$29.90 - per hour
Readiness & Response Services
FR - NORTHERN
Fire and Rescue Services
18 November 2018
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As an emergency service agency, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is responsible for ensuring the safety of people and property across Queensland through the provision of effective prevention,preparation, response and recovery activities across a range of emergency situations.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
The functions of the QFES are unique. It is the only entity in Australia that delivers high quality fire, rescue, emergency and disaster management services through a single agency. This collaborative approach across the service and with key stakeholders delivers improved safety outcomes for the community.
Purpose of the Role
- Protect and serve the community by responding to fires and other emergencies in a professional and timely manner to minimise loss to life, property and the environment.
- Improve the safety and emergency preparedness of the community by contributing to fire prevention and community education activities.
- Satisfactory completion of all aspects of FNA411 Auxiliary Recruit Training & Education Program (ARTEP) or equivalent
Your key accountabilities
- Respond to and assume control of fire and other emergency incidents, where required.
- Promote community safety and emergency preparedness by contributing to community education activities.
- Lead station operational planning and Managing for Outcomes target setting processes and monitor their progress.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection of suitable Auxiliary Firefighters to meet the needs of the community.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of skills maintenance drills and other relevant training courses.
- Maintain operational and management competencies.
- Operate specialist firefighting and rescue equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain the required attendance standards for emergency incidents and training.
- Ensure upkeep and hygiene of station facilities.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of operational equipment and station facilities.
- Ensure completion of incident reporting and general station administration.
- Assume responsibility of function/s in line with station functional management model.
- As an important part of the station team, appointees shall also:
- Promote a positive team approach in all work activities
- Comply with legislative, policy and procedural requirements appropriate to the position.
- Communicate effectively with QFRS personnel, other emergency service providers and the general community.
- Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to organisational health principles and procedures.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category – Team Leader
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their team’s work aligns to organisational objectives
- Manages ambiguity
- Implements change
- Understands customers’ perspectives and works across boundaries
- Drives continuous improvement
Performance through Results
- Manages team performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Build team capability
- Inspires individual and team commitment in the pursuit of results
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays rigour in advice
- Applies business management skills
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Bruce Evernden, Area Commander - Western Command on phone 0429369935 or email Bruce.Evernden@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Expression of Interest Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.
To apply for this role, please provide your resume or CV and a one A4 page summary telling us what you will bring to this role in the context of 'Your Key Accountabilities' contained within the role description.