|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Endorsed Employer of Choice
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Multiple roles from recent Graduate to Senior Engineer level
As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.
About the Role
We currently have multiple opportunities for Mechanical Engineers within our IES business, based in Adelaide.
Working alongside world-leading defence scientists our Integrated Engineering Services division offers multi-disciplinary professional engineering services supported by in-house manufacturing capabilities, to solve challenging engineering problems for our Defence Science and Technology clients.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of mechanical engineering and design capability to our customer as part of a growing embedded QinetiQ team. You will be astute at deriving and interpreting requirements, and have the ability to think conceptually.
To be successful in this role of Mechanical Engineer you will need to bring with you:
- Experience designing components for manufacture.
- Expertise in the use of CAD software and analysis packages, such as NX and ANSYS.
- Mechanical parts and structures design and analysis experience from first principles and to IAW Australian Standards
- Demonstrated ability in the preparation of mechanical drawings to AS1100 or equivalent.
- An enthusiastic and adaptable approach and willingness to step up to technical challenges.
- Well-developed communication and customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, multi task and work under pressure.
Candidates are required to hold an active or activation-ready NV1 security clearance.
Due to the dynamic environment we work within, we can’t always wait until our adverts close before reviewing applications and moving to interview. If you’d like to continue the conversation, apply today!
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits