|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a passionate architect who can influence and drive change in some of Australia’s most complex enterprise environments?
Do you have a successful track record in solving traditional business challenges at an enterprise scale?
Do you enjoy collaborating and partnering with your customers to achieve successful business outcomes through innovative use of technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to work in our newly created Key Accounts team to provide focused solutions, growth and support for some of our largest and most complex enterprise customers.
We are looking for an experienced enterprise technologist who can comfortably work with internal and external teams to create world class cloud-based solutions. This role is based in our Melbourne office.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. As a trusted advisor to our customers and partners you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a successful Enterprise Solutions Architect you will not only deliver on our credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” you will love what you do and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers.
In return we provide you the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based architecture design. On a daily basis you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and build elegant solutions.
If you are highly technical and experienced in architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers then this could be the role for you. Remember, this is a client facing role so you must be comfortable talking with CIOs, CTOs and CISOs. It goes without saying that you must have experience in architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, networking & storage architectures. Couple all that with a baseline knowledge of or even certification in AWS and this role is made for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- As a key member of the sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community including authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and blogs.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 10 + years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- You must have an in depth understanding and experience working in Enterprise environments.
- Solid experience and deep understanding of Security Solutions Architecture
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically about solutions to businesses and technical challenges
- Robust business acumen and influencing skills
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Expert level of stakeholder management at all levels (C-Suite, Executive Leaders, Business Managers, Applications owners)
- Strong experience in enterprise applications (ERP, SAP, CRM, HR, etc)
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS experience will be considered a bonus.
- Experience in enterprise applications and database architecture.
- Strong pre-sales and consulting skills coupled with exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
- AWS Certified SA Professional.
- Background working for a global systems integrator (GSI)
- Accomplished track record achieving successful business outcomes in the banking, wealth management or FSI domain.
- Hands on development experience and thorough understanding of full-stack development
- Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background will be highly desired
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.