|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Wellington team is looking for a Trainee Sprayer Operator to join their surfacing team.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in our Sealing Operations. Training and development is part of the course. If you are an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop their skills and gain experience as a Sprayer Operator, then this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- Working as part of a team, you’ll be involved in a number of road sealing activities, like reseals, first coats, patching and commercial work.
- But what does that really mean? You’ll be spraying bitumen (the glue that holds the stones to the road basically).
- It’s a bit more complicated than just that though, you’ll need to ensure the correct spray rates are happening, doing quality checks, driving the sprayer truck and looking after the plant (we’ve got some brand new sprayers that you’ll be working on too).
As you’ll be working on some pretty heavy machinery you’ll ideally bring with you a Class 2 Licence (but if not Class 1 is fine and we’ll help to train you up).
You’ll also be a team player and have either experience or a keen interest in chip sealing work. You’ll couple this with
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- Strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving skills to solve daily challenges
- Flexibility – some out of town travel will be required on occasion
- The right attitude - this is a great opportunity to be trained as a Bitumen Sprayer Operator - a highly sought after skill in New Zealand!
In return we offer:
A good team and great crew, to work with, a progressive company, modern plant equipment and a competitive remuneration, training and continuous employment. If you are ready to get started ASAP and this role is perfect for you, then apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and quote reference no: 562296
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.