|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity for an Associate Director Group Strategy
- Apply your strategy expertise to shape and lead the delivery of complex strategic initiatives
- Be part of this progressive and agile culture
About the role
Group Strategy & Development is responsible for defining NAB’s overall strategy and supporting key strategic initiatives across the Group. We work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and senior stakeholders across the enterprise to identify and prosecute the most critical strategic issues facing NAB. The team assesses customer and market developments to identify, develop and execute on significant business opportunities (including new business models and M&A / inorganic opportunities) that can positively and meaningfully shift the trajectory of the Group.
As an Associate Director in Group Strategy, you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of standalone initiatives and major workstreams to inform the strategic decision making. You will work with team members to develop robust research and analysis, prepare high quality and compelling presentations and communicate recommendations to senior stakeholders to influence the delivery of strategic initiatives. You will be proactive, able to manage multiple streams of work and maintain a strong customer focus.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):-
- Driving development and delivery of significant initiatives utilising strategic rationale, risk assessment and financial assessment;
- Synthesising findings and developing compelling, structured business presentations that clearly articulate recommendations;Supporting stakeholder engagement and implementation of these initiatives (as required);
- Ensuring alignment with the agreed enterprise strategy;
- Providing input to the business planning processes;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues and senior leaders across NAB;
- Developing industry relationships and an understanding of the banking sector and trends, including key implications for the business.
Skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous, and complex environment and have:
- Demonstrated experience working in strategy consulting from a well-regarded consulting firm or investment bank (Financial Services industry experience essential);
- Proven ability in strategy formulation and strategic planning coupled with experience in program design and delivery;
- Ability to effectively interact, challenge and influence stakeholders across an organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving and managing streams of work;
- Relevant tertiary qualification and a post graduate qualification (preferably MBA or equivalent) would be highly regarded;
- A positive attitude and strong motivation for continuous learning and development.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.