|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. Join our passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to have an impact on the lives and businesses of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the role
You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You will have a willingness to learn, offer your ideas and collaborate to provide technical designs you are proud of. We inspire you to show your real passion for technology, help and inspire others in Xero and within the community we support.
We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that enable you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your dream for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
About the team
You will be part of a team that would build, maintain and own services. As such you will be focused on the engineering best practices, microservices architectures, principles of CI/CD to deliver secure, scalable software to meet Xero's customer needs.
We are looking for a passionate developer and just as important as the technical experience is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
We would love to talk to you if:
* You prefer to code collaboratively, working together as a team with high levels of communication, learning from more senior engineers as well as mentoring those with less experience.
* You are passionate about shipping high quality, well tested software through automation, proven best practices and appropriate design patterns.
* You take ownership of your code in production, using metrics and customer feedback to guide technical priorities and improvements.
* You work with a focus on helping your team succeed in their mission.
* You have a passion to grow, learn and bring new ideas and concepts to the team.
* You have experience demonstrating your ability to envision web-based services in a distributed environment that meets customer needs and solves business problems.
*You have in depth knowledge of design patterns in development (eg SOLID) and platform architecture (Microservices, Event Driven, DDD)
*You hold a relevant bachelors degree and at least 2 years relevant experience
Given the currently evolving COVID-19 situation, Xero Australia is now working remotely, which means our recruitment processes will also be conducted remotely.
We're continuously monitoring the situation and are currently working through a range of considerations and adjustments, that will need to be made during this time in regards to recruitment at Xero.
We thank you in advance for understanding, and your patience during this time as things may move a little slower or a little differently.