|Job Type:||Full Time|
IBM Research Scientist – Blockchain Postdoc FTH 24Months Melbourne
- Melbourne Based
- 24 Month Fixed Term Hire
- Compensation package from $89,250 (full-time equivalent inclusive of superannuation) and will be determined based on successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Candidates will be joining a team of researchers and software engineers to conceive, build, test and deploy solutions for some of the world’s challenging technology problems. You will be working under the direction of senior IBM research scientists globally and will be expected to publish at high quality academic conferences and journals as well as relevant industry venues.
Ideal candidates will have expertise in several of the following areas:
- A solid understanding of state-of-the-art research in the field of distributed systems.
- Expertise in designing, developing, and evaluating distributed systems middleware.
- A solid background in programming and exposure to end-to-end software development practices.
- A recent PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Worked on one or more projects that involved the application of principles in distributed systems in areas relating (but not limited) to distributed databases and file/storage systems, distributed protocols, peer-to-peer systems, fault-tolerant and highly available systems, and scalable operating systems.
- Designed, developed, and evaluated methods and algorithms for solving distributed systems problems.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, and a strong background in data structures and algorithms. Exposure to Distributed Ledger Technologies will be viewed very positively.
- Exposure to Cryptography, Game Theory and Mechanism Design will be viewed very positively.
- Experience working in teams and have applied well-known end-to-end software development practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
About Business Unit
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.
Your Life @ IBM
From landing the first astronauts on the moon to building the first cognitive system to win Jeopardy! IBM with its diverse culture, continues to be the innovative spark of the computing revolutions that shape our world. At the core of IBM’s innovation are its 12 global research labs. IBM Research Australia is a young, proud and diverse community working on industry solutions, conceiving, designing and building next generation enterprise systems.
IBM Research Australia is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join our Blockchain Platforms team. This team is working on challenging long-term problems in the areas of Blockchain interoperability, scalability, value networks and governance, while also working with enterprise clients to realise the value of blockchain systems today.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.