|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to establishment of a more significant geotechnical and pavement business in Melbourne, the growth of our broader business and an expanded portfolio of projects around Australia, including significant roles on most of the large projects upcoming in Melbourne, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Pavement Engineer to join our team.
As part of the Transport and Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to Pavement Design. The primary focus of this role is to offer the full spectrum of pavement design services, for ports, roads and airports. Through consultation from an early stage in the project we are able to advise our client how to get the best value out of their pavements.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience with the design of new pavements (both rigid and flexible), pavement rehabilitation/maintenance treatments, drainage and joints.
- Experience with scoping of testing of pavements (destructive and non-destructive)
- Communicate with the Client and the Project Engineers to understand the project requirements;
- Develop and implement SWMS for site work;
- Liaise with Arup engineers, Clients and Project Engineers to develop project specific solutions
- Involved in the development, design and management of small projects with tight timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Prepare and document well considered design solutions and prepare detailed design reports;
- Oversee construction activities and provide clear and concise advice to Clients and Contractors to ensure the quality of construction
- Assist the leadership team within the region in development of client relationships; training and mentoring of team members, and fostering of strong working relationships across Arup globally
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Knowledge of airport or port pavement design or experience in geotechnical investigation would be beneficial.
You will have demonstrated:
- Working toward or achieved chartered membership with IEAust;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
- Experience in pavement design, specification, detailing and reporting complying with relevant Australian Standards, AustRoads Design Guidelines and VicRoads Specifications and Code of Practices.
- Experience checking progress against budget and deadlines
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.