We currently have an exciting and varied opportunity for a Full-Time Finance Administrator to join our team. The role will ensure that all policy, procedures and regulation related to Trust accounting is complied with. Specifically, this will involve managing all day-to-day Trust transactions including Controlled Money Accounts as well as completing General Accounts Receivable tasks including daily banking as required.
This role is a full-time opportunity however there may be times where further flexibility is required.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Client Cost Agreement recording and general maintenance tasks
- Client opening and maintenance
- Matter opening and maintenance
- General back-up and assistance for all areas of the file maintenance and General Legal Accounting team
- Brisbane office Client Billing
- General Receipting
- All aspects of Trust Accounting including Trust compliance
- Bank reconciliations
- Support for General Office Receipting
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role in a professional services environment (legal highly desirable)
- Completion of Certificate or Diploma of Accounting or related course is desirable
- Understanding of Trust accounting rules and legislative requirements for the management of the trust account
- Experience with Aderant or similar software (highly desirable)
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Word and Intermediate Excel essential. Good typing skills
- Highly developed organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively
The Finance team
The Finance team is a professional, motivated and focused team delivering sound financial advice and a flexible and practical financial and administration service to all areas of the firm.
As Australia’s leading independent law firm, our culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind our firm and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
We’re looking for individuals who will thrive under our spirit of independence. Dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within our collegiate culture. In return we will work to help build the career you’ve always wanted. Are you up for the challenge?
Why Clayton Utz?
As part of this innovative team you will be working with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry. Clayton Utz has also been a powerful force in Australian pro bono practice, striving to deliver justice for those who need it and not just those who can afford it. Imagine what you could achieve at a top law firm that actually values independent thinking. A law firm who challenges the status quo.
Go on, challenge your expectations.
How to apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
For more information on Clayton Utz, please visit http://www.claytonutz.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn here.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.