|Job Type:||Full Time|
- MBA or other graduate level degree from a top institution preferred
- 4-7 years of work experience in the public sector on major reform or service delivery
- Clear passion for making impact in the public and social sector
- Outstanding policy and analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations and/or exceptional experience in major service delivery roles
- Experience in managing key transformation factors (complex stakeholder engagement, performance management systems, mindsets and behaviors)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Please attach copies of your academic transcripts with a CV and Cover letter that outlines your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role.
Who you'll work with
You will work with our Public Sector Hub in one of our Australian offices.
This is a rapidly growing part of McKinsey & Company, focused on solving Australia and New Zealand’s biggest policy and delivery challenges with classic McKinsey problem-solving and public sector reform and implementation experience. You will solve complex policy and strategy problems and work with people across public sector organisations to build the capabilities, systems, and processes to deliver better service outcomes, and ensure results can be maintained. You will be fully dedicated to public sector clients and work on designing major changes in the public sector.
What you'll do
You will work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You will engage at a deep level across our public sector clients’ operations, from policy and strategy to service transformation and implementation. You will work on projects that improve outcomes, drive innovation and economic opportunity, and ensure public funds are spent efficiently and effectively.
You will partake in client development and workshops for new and current clients and write proposals for new client engagements. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal knowledge building initiatives and contribute to conferences and workshops.
You will be expected to analyse data to identify opportunities and drive performance. Associates co-create performance targets and milestones with clients. You will set up and manage project management systems to track performance, and you’ll also have the chance to strengthen your specific technical/sectorial expertise to offer specialist delivery support to clients with targeted needs.
You will be joining a highly entrepreneurial team of consultants dedicated to growing and developing the impact of the Public Sector Hub. You will receive exceptional training and ongoing coaching and mentoring.