|Job Type:||Full Time|
Head of Digital Engineering
- Free on-site gym
- Flexible work options
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
As part of our strategy to adopt Continuous delivery practices, we are looking for a talented Head of Digital Engineering to help us overachieve on our goals to delight our customers and partners whilst building sustainable digital platforms.
We are looking for a technology leader who will lead a marked uplift in software engineering practices across all TAL delivery teams – with proven results uplifting Cloud, DevOps/Automation, and continuous security, digitisation capabilities in a dynamic and growth-oriented Insurance business.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Setup the right technology, people and process to support digital growth objectives for TAL.
- Utilise your proven Cloud, Digital and SecOps and DevOps engineering skills
- Develop and implement IT Simplification (including System Health and Decommissioning), Operational efficiency (including TCO) and technology modernisation (including API and Cloud) programs.
- Build and structure teams across digital engineering capabilities
- Develop and maintain relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalations and feedback) with the senior business stakeholders across TAL.
- Lead key technology strategic initiatives, innovation and idea generation and delivery of new solutions across TAL Technology & Innovation.
- Direct Platform Architects, manage the development of target-state digital architectures, transition state architectures and highly resilient and scalable solution patterns for Cloud.
- Coach and assist with development of staff and teams – including recruitment, performance management and promotion activities.
- Plan and manage platform release cycles and processes to optimise delivery of quality code to production, including directing CI/CD practice implementation in a targeted and impactful way.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5-10 years technology leadership experience in successfully delivering end-to-end enterprise level technology solutions. You are likely to have a background in consulting, technology architecture, digital platforms delivery, or a unique combination of these disciplines.
- Proven experience in delivering Agile and scaled Agile environments
- Significant experience managing and building effective working relationships at all levels
- Deep architectural understanding of digital platforms
- Strong Cloud Architecture experience across with Azure, AWS or GCP, container frameworks( Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in leading platform integration – including establish strong API/SOA layered architecture, implementing Apigee, Mulesoft or leading API gateway platform and messaging technologies ( Apache Camel, Kafka, JMS)
- Knowledge of modern digital technologies eg. Video platforms, edge cache technologies, image/media servers, social connect, SEO, APM technologies
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.