|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Global Data Privacy Protection and Control Consultant, you will provide expert privacy advice across the organisation to ensure privacy compliance at all levels of operations. As part of the Global Privacy Office, you will be key in building and sustaining a culture of privacy awareness and compliance by drawing upon your passion for privacy and your excellent stakeholder management skills and apply your specialist knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients;
Identify potential areas of privacy compliance vulnerability and risk and lead NAB teams to develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; recommend actions to mitigate compliance issues and promote the NAB culture of privacy compliance through every interaction and involvement in key business initiatives.
Your skills & experience
You will need to have proven experience in a Data Privacy and Protection position and 1st, 2nd and 3rd line defence understanding and exposure within large, complex organisations and be able to navigate the nuances of those types of environments. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of Data Management, Security and Controls and Risk Management
- Proven ability to identify the data privacy themes across multiple regulators, legislative requirements and geographic locations
- Proven ability to conduct and review privacy impact assessments and provide privacy advice to business leaders in relation to data-driven business initiatives
- Experience in investigating and responding to incidents resulting in data breaches, and customer complaints
- Experience in the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of an operational privacy compliance program
- Analysis and insights skills, utilising data to make recommendations
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Exceptional writing skills and problem-solving skills
Your new team
We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. This is great opportunity to work within a growing area of the business and create a world-class privacy office while utilising your strategic and influencing skills.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.