|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Quality Advisor with previous experience in working with precast concrete products. This position will be located on site at the Precast Facility in Benalla, Northern Victoria. The main aim of this role will be to coordinate day-to-day quality-related aspects for Precast, Prestress & Matchcast elements.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the Quality Manager with the creation of ITP’s per Precast Product type (standardise where applicable), Checklists and QA related documentation including but not limited to ITP’s, quality control checklists, Work Instructions / Procedures, lot tracking registers, NCR Register, quality alerts, quality facts, right first-time measurements and reporting, uploading documents into project required Aconex system
- Be an advocate and key leader in quality by assisting in communicating & distributing quality processes
- Deliver works as per the operational requirement of the project scope (PSR) technical requirements, applicable Australian Standards and VicRoads Sections for the delegated precast working area
- Work with fellow QC to standardise approach in order to deliver the same message consistently, identify risk areas and actively engage key stakeholders to work towards elimination of nonconforming processes or product
- Ensure equipment where required is kept calibrated at all times within your delegated working area
- Work with the site quality team, and where requested the project quality team to assist with getting project approved materials, associated QA documents and QA lots closed out prior to delivery of product
- Prepare & consolidate quality data including but not limited to: generation of lot documents, establishment of daily lot system for production targets, report & follow up of NCR’s, material certificates, supplier & subcontractor inspections /surveillance visits, prepare or response to internal or external audits. Where requested prepare ad-hoc reports, presentations etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in Quality Management in the precast manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience in supplying precast products to high value projects (in excess of $20 million)
- Strong personal organisation skills
- Time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Positively participates in all team interactions / activities in accordance with Project Values
- Delivers a strong positive message on site for Safety & Quality
- Right first time approach / mentality
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.