|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Manager
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time fixed term position (12 months) with a base salary form $121k p.a plus generous superannuation
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to join our team to partner with key stakeholders, providing effective, efficient and integrated strategic and day to day operational financial management and accounting services. As the Senior Finance Manager, you will advise a range of senior stakeholders across the Faculties and Schools for financial matters and contributes to continuous improvement and new initiatives within both wider Financial Services and across Faculties and Schools. This position will see you take on a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to;
- providing strategic and operational planning, advice, guidance in regards to all of the financial affairs and resources of the Faculties and Schools;
- designing, developing and implementing delivery improvements to a client portfolio
- engaging with key stakeholders in the client portfolio to support the implementation of strategic transformation and change initiatives and ensure the successful implementation and realisation of key outcomes.
- providing mentoring, coaching and/or supervision contributing to skills and professional development for Financial Services staff.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Finance Manager who can demonstrate:
- extensive relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- ability to provide strategically aligned financial insights, sound financial management, decision support, advice, analysis and support to client group/faculty and finance team
- proven ability to prioritise and manage own and team’s workload to meet both regular and unexpected workflow demands and strict deadlines
- ability to exercise initiative, tact, discretion and good judgement.
Finance comprises of three broad business areas, with teams providing Specialists, Functional expertise, and Engagement advice and support:
- Specialist teams: Investment and Capital Management and Strategic Financial Solutions
- Functional expertise teams: Financial Control and Treasury, Financial Management and Analysis and Procurement Services
- Engagement teams: Corporate Finance, along with client portfolio groups including Medicine and Health, Health Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Information Technologies, University of Sydney Business School, Humanities and Social Sciences, and University Schools.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1558/0819F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 4 September 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.