|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. Join our passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to have an impact on the lives and businesses of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the role
As an Associate Product Manager you will be responsible for driving customer and business value through ownership of new and existing products from early stage research and ideation, through to implementation and iteration based on key commercial success metrics.
The focus for the role is on Discovery and Prioritisation, being able to work collaboratively and hold space for the problem, whilst using data to drive decisions. So you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of Xero’s UK Payroll experience, taking this rapidly growing product to true product-market-fit in collaboration with Engineering teams based in Melbourne, Canberra & the UK, Product Marketing, Architecture, Product Managers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring the roadmaps produced are data-informed, based on customer research, have objective KPIs, and balance functional and nonfunctional work. Communicate these roadmaps and operating rhythm to internal and external stakeholders and incorporate feedback.
- Understanding customer problems and be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’. Delivering value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap that realises Xero’s vision and objectives and ensures the success of the product.
- Bridging technical and business worlds as you lead strong and productive relationships with global stakeholders to deliver on market needs and priorities, and evangelise the product vision.
We are looking for someone with a passion for building great products, comes from a place of understanding than knowing and, just as important as the technical experience, is the ability to be #human and take Managership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
So for you to be successful as Xero’s next Associate Product Manager you'll ideally have some experience in:
- A previous product owner/Associate PM role and possess demonstrable experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Minimum 1 year experience in product management in SaaS Cloud solutions
- Addressing customer needs through the innovative use of technology
- Influencing outcomes at all levels in a variety of contexts
- Working with software development projects at scale
- Defining product roadmaps and long term planning
- Breaking down complex problems, delivering real-world business outcomes and handle changing priorities.
- Building effective relationships across all levels of the business
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!