|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world. In Australia we employ more than 400 across the ACT, QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a Project Manager – Commercial within our Major Service Provider Business, based in Canberra. The role will support the procurement, introduction into service, and sustainment of Royal Australian Air Force unmanned air vehicle capabilities and will include supervision of a small team of project support specialists.
In our Major Service Provider Division, we are part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, who share the Defence’s commitment to growing the capability of delivering large integrated work packages across the Department of Defence. As part of this consortium, we provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services for the next 11 years. We help diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance
As Project Manager - Commercial you will be responsible for:
- Support the Management of complex Defence projects
- Provide commercial advice to the Program Director on extant and future project requirements in all stages of procurement
- Ensure compliance of procurement approval documentation in accordance with defence publications and the Government Acts
- Draft procurement documentation to support capability acquisition and sustainment including third-party retransfer
- Manage Financial Control Reports for the joint project office
- Negotiating Technical Services Contracts in support of the joint project office
To be successful for the role of Project Manager - Commercial you will require:
- Demonstrated experience working in a commercial contracting environment, with experience within the defence industry environment highly desirable.
- A successful track record in analysing, developing and negotiating contracts.
- Strong Contract and Financial Report drafting skills.
- Commercial acumen coupled with an acute ability for risk mitigation.
- Effective communication skills across all levels, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business or Law or equivalent experience.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance which will require Australian citizenship.
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits