|Job Type:||Full Time|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
In our MSP Division, we are part of a consortium of independent, technical partners, who share the Defence’s commitment to growing the capability of delivering large integrated work packages across the CASG domains and CoE functions. As part of this consortium, we provide ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Capability Partner’ and ‘Integrated Work Partner’ services. We help diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance
We currently have multiple opportunities for experienced Project Support professionals to join our Advisory Services division, in both Melbourne and Canberra.
About the role
You will be the grease that keeps the cogs moving! Every day will see you providing support to the project team to ensure stakeholders are kept informed on project milestones and deliverables. You are a natural organiser, clear communicator and thrive in a fast paced environment.
As Project Support Officer you will be responsible for:
- Developing and writing reports for the Commonwealth
- Providing administrative support to the project team and stakeholders
- Creating and disseminating project communications
- Project task management
To be successful for the role of Project Support Officer the ideal applicant will require:
- Experience working within a Defence project environment
- Working knowledge of PMBOK
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relations
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, multi task and work under pressure
- Experience in Commonwealth report writing
- Strong initiative and ability to engage with and influence stakeholders
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government security clearance is required.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive benefits package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave Purchase and Loyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
For our Advisory Services division, everything starts with a problem that needs a solution. We act as an independent, technical partner for customers looking to procure defined services and develop specific capabilities. We help them diagnose, rationalise and solve intractable problems by providing analysis, advice and assurance. Whether operating on the ocean floor, or in orbit around Mars, we get under the skin of a problem to enable our customers to make sound decisions about cost, time and performance.