|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.The Project
It’s an exciting time to be at Olympic Dam! The Brownfield’s Expansion (BFX) Project is the first step in the Olympic Dam growth strategy to increase copper production to 300ktpa by opening up the Southern Mining Area (SMA) to access more ore at higher grades and expansion of the surface ore processing facility.
This grade opportunity provides options to increase production at Olympic Dam through low-risk, capital efficient underground development and optimisation of underground and surface infrastructure. So we’re looking for some truly exceptional candidates to study, and plan for future growth options to ensure Olympic Dam grows in a safe and sustainable way - delivering value for generations to come.
About the Role
As the Lead Studies, you will manage a Study Team comprising of direct reports, internal functional support team members and engineering service providers to develop and evaluate the business case and take carriage of the most value accretive business case through the investment gating process for the BFX (Brownfields Expansion Project).
We currently have multiple options available in this exciting and challenging major project for you to be involved at the front end and make a significant difference to the future of Olympic Dam.
These are Adelaide based positions with occasional travel.
In this role you will:
- Lead in the management of the study area schedule, cost and scope to deliver the project’s scope of work in accordance with the approved business objectives
- Develop, execute & update the study work plans
- Manage performance of project development performed by 3rd parties within the project area
- Lead the innovation process of exploring and evaluating all valuing creating opportunities to identify the optimal investment alternative for the agreed business objectives
- Develop and implement value optimisation practices/plan to deliver the optimal investment alternative for the agreed business objectives
- Manage the study schedule, cost and scope to deliver the project area’s scope of work in accordance with the approved business case
- Develop scope, cost & schedule
- Support the goal of Zero Harm (HSEC)
- Identify and manage project related Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Risks
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science, Finance, Business or similar with Project Management qualifications highlight desired
- Demonstrated strong understanding of project study methodology and requirements with key strengths in Major Project Studies
- Solid understanding of complex processing operations or underground mining
- Mining industry, hydrocarbon, heavy industry, construction, processing, utility or relevant projects exposure
- Understanding of commercial requirements, investment and financial evaluation skills
- Risk and uncertainty management and analysis exposure
- Strategic analysis of large multi-disciplinary projects in a complex brownfield environment
- Highly influential with strong engagement skills to generate ideas and lateral solutions
- Ability to lead a team of project professionals to deliver high quality, relevant outcomes
- Leading by example; hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in “Safety Leadership”
How to apply
Please apply online before 01 September 2019
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team. Think Big!
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.