|Job Type:||Full Time|
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
As part of the NAB’s Insourcing initiative they are seeking several highly experienced Database Administrators who have a strong background in either Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, or PostgreSQL OR Sybase. Located initially in East Melbourne with relocation at a later date to 800 Bourke street, you will also be happy to travel to Wantirna and Deer Park data centers when required.
Another important part of the role is to perform On-Call support, where you will be remunerated accordingly and be part of a team of team of 7 whom are on a rotated roster.
What you will be doing:
- Identifies and addresses risks with the operation of the service
- Understands the end-to-end (E2E) technical service(s) including dependent components and infrastructure
- Contributes to the identification of issues / incidents / events that impact agreed service KPIs, SLA’s, Service Health as well as any 3rd party Service Providers.
- Responsible for the successful resolution of critical, high, medium and low problems
- Provides technical support and direction across service management processes including, incident, problem, change, configuration, capacity, continuity (DR), availability, asset, monitoring and alerting
- Contributes to the Architecture and Service Planning community and maintains a high level of understanding of the underlying technologies on which the Services are developed.
- Responsible for understanding the required business outcomes for the service and translating those, with input from Business Engagement into Service Improvement Plans - where relevant
- Supports the Asset lifecycle planning to ensure that the asset fits with the Groups standards and strategic direction
- Collaborate with 3rd party service providers, project services and service management to ensure high quality and successful transition of all service(s) changes
- Utilise appropriate forums and networks to identify opportunities to leverage asset portfolio capabilities
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Database Technology and delivery with strong experience in designing, building, managing and administering large scale Database (physical and virtual) environments
- Experience with design, implementing and managing enterprise Database and application dependencies and toolsets
- Solid & Proven experience with one of more of Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Sybase environments
- Experience with database optimisation and tuning.
- Strong business communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to remain flexible to deliver business outcomes
- Proven experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders and 3rd parties to deliver successful outcomes in a time sensitive environment
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and technology
- Tertiary qualification in a Technology discipline or related field
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are the bank thatbacks the bold who move Australia forward. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent
residency status. We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our
workforce representative of the community that we serve.