|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you like new technology and innovation?
- Is flexibility important to your lifestyle?
- Does supporting and developing people in their careers interest you?
- Do you want to take your coffee breaks by the best view of Sydney Harbour?
We have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Life at BAE Systems
Our culture is inclusive and safety focused. Your voice and talents will be valued in our “everyone culture” that supports and brings out the best in you. You will enjoy a sense of belonging, in a family friendly and flexible workplace. Above all, our focus on safety in all that we do ensures everyone goes home safely, every day.
Join others like you - people who enjoy making a difference and apply your talent where it counts in this new opportunity within our Maritime Sustainment business at Garden Island (Sydney) in New South Wales.
Reporting to the Engineering Team lead, as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer you will provide technical leadership encompassing:
- Provision of specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Coach and mentor members of the engineering team to reach their potential
- Design and development of electrical systems from requirements development through to testing and integration following the systems engineering lifecycle
- Conduct product risk and safety assessments
- Review documents and artefacts generated by the team and ensure they are completed in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Comprehensive electrical engineering experience gained from working within an engineering design office environment or similar
- A relevant tertiary degree level engineering qualification which is recognised by Engineers Australia
- Collaborative and team oriented behaviours
- A flair and passion for coaching and developing others
- Sensitivity to customer needs and an ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
Experience in power generation/distribution, control and monitoring systems or ship systems and/or Defence industry experience will be considered favourably but is not essential.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.