Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Mineral Technologies , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
As Lead Designer you will lead a multi-disciplined design and drafting team for specific projects, ensuring all works are completed within agreed schedule and budget limits. You will be able to produce and supervise 3D model design and 2D design drawing output in conjunction with engineers and project leaders as required to ensure all project requirements are understood, communicated and implemented expediently. This role will be based from our Milton office.
- Significant experience in mechanical, piping and structural 3D drafting, quality control and drawing register management in the construction, mining or resources industries;
- Materials handling and plant layout experience is desirable;
- Effective team leadership & communication skills and the ability to liaise with Engineers to establish design criteria ensuring that agreed targets are met in the delivery of models and drawings for schedule and budget;
- Flexibility and willingness for site travel as and if required;
- Demonstrated experience of management, supervision, project checking and modifying all design models and drawings ensuring suitability and compliance with all requirements;
- Experience using AutoCAD, Advanced Steel and/or Plant3D is preferred and the ability to drive the team’s productivity with the nominated software.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations.
To apply, please follow the links. For more information, you may email Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org however applications will not be accepted via email.