|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to lead a large team of Operators managing a varied range of mine services maintenance and projects at our Mining Area C mine site.
As a Supervisor for this team you will play a key role by:
- Leading and coaching a group of Dozer, Grader, Roller and Watercart Operators
- Completing workplace inspections and field leadership activities to ensure your team are operating safely
- Management of leave and flight bookings
- Performance management to include regular 1:1s and development meetings
- Completing shift handovers with off going Supervisors
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- C Class drivers licence
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain a strong culture will be key to your success
- Significant experience gained within a mining environment
- Experience operating graders, dozers, watercarts would be advantageous
- Previous experience leading a team would be an advantage
What we offer you
As a Supervisor at BHP, we will provide you an environment where health and wellbeing are seen as a pre-requisite for safety and productivity. You will have access to training and professional development tools which will support you in your role. You will be empowered by your Superintendent and encouraged to ensure your team are connected to their strategy and plan.
In addition, other benefits include generous allowances, an attractive share save scheme, annual salary reviews and a short term incentive bonus. Working on a FIFO 7 days, 7 nights, 7 off roster, you will also benefit from a higher than usual work allowance and an extra week of annual leave per annum.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.