|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for two Product Owners, with a technical background, to join our rapidly growing Reliability team. Based in either Auckland or Wellington.
The reliability team’s purpose is to empower our engineering teams to build reliable and efficient software. The SRE team develops and manages a range of products that support this purpose, with a focus on incident management, resource management, cost control and production monitoring. SRE product owners ensure their engineering pods are delivering an efficient and effective service.
The Wellington-based Product Owner will work with our Monitoring pod, which manages and develops Xero’s production monitoring, logging and alerting infrastructure. This role requires collaboration with third-party vendors.
The Auckland-based Product Owner will work with our Core SRE pod in Auckland on developing reliability software for the rest of Xero to use.
What you'll bring with you
- 5+ years of technical experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience in SRE, Infrastructure, Full stack development or DevOps
- Proven experience championing strategic priorities and helping others relate to and align with it.
- Ideally, proven Product Ownership experience — with a toolbox of modern product discovery practices to draw upon.
- Ideally, proven experience using a range of metrics to monitor the success and health of products and services. Proven experience of making evidence-based decisions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Proven experience building meaningful, collaborative relationships across all levels of the business.
- Ideally, proven experience advocating for/evangelising a product or service with customers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading a team through influencing and persuasion
- Ideally, proven experience working with innovative software development projects at scale
- Great communication skills
- A Growth mindset
What does success look like?
- You have a clear understanding of Xero’s strategic priorities and how your products and services align to it. You have articulated a compelling product vision. The pod knows what’s important, how they are contributing, and why what they’re doing matters.
- Product, design and engineering are considered side-by-side: They are all involved in product discovery.
- You and the pod actively seek out metrics to validate a hypothesis and measure results. You enable the pod to instrument their work so they immediately understand how their products are being used and ultimately whether customer and business value is being created.
- You have built healthy relationships with your stakeholders. Key stakeholders are involved in product discovery activities
- You and the pod have built a compelling portfolio of products and services that your customers love to use.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!