|Job Type:||Full Time|
At AIA Australia and New Zealand, our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives through our customer value proposition centred on Life, Health and Wellness .
Our vision is to champion Australia and New Zealand to be the healthiest and most protected nations in the world.
Our firm belief is that by following our operating philosophy of doing the right thing, in the right way with the right people, the results will come.
In this Senior Full Stack Java Developer role you will coordinate technical skill sets and facilitate, plan and manage in close consultation with the technical lead and/or project manager the estimates, delivery schedules, assigned technical resources and technical tasks associated with the small to medium sized project(s), SITE and/or BAU activities.
To be successful in this role, you will be a polyglot developing various applications and products in a commercial setting, ideal to have experience within the Insurance or Finance industry and experience with software design and architecture.
Location of role : Based at AIA Head Office – 509 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004
Duration & Start : 12 Month contract opportunity, looking for an asap start
Skills and personal experience required for the role:
- 6+ years’ work of Java Development experience (Mandatory)
- Experience in software design and architecture
- Experience working across Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall methodologies
- 5+ years' commercial experience of working within software development projects preferably in Insurance or Financial industry
- 5+ years’ experience in software design and architecture
Essential technical requirements for the role:
- Platform - JAVA/JEE 8+ (Mandatory)
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tech either Kofax or UiPath (Mandatory)
- rameworks- Spring MVC, JPA, Hibernate, Spring Data
- Front-End Technologies - AngularJS, JSP, JSF, AJAX, JQUERY, HTML5, CSS3
- Webservices - using SOAP and/or REST API’s
- Experience with IDEs –IntelliJ, Eclipse, RAD
- Application servers - IBM WAS 8.x
- Source code repositories - GIT, SVN
- Build & automation tools – Maven, Jenkins
- Unit Testing – Mockto, PowerMockito
- Version control/Tracking tools - JIRA/Rally
- Databases - DB2/Oracle
Healthier, Longer, Better Lives
At AIA Australia and New Zealand, wellbeing is at our core. We understand that healthy employees are happy employees. That’s why we have a culture of care that promotes wellbeing and flexibility.
We focus on career development, people development and leadership capability, so that you’ll be nurtured and have every opportunity to reach your full potential.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that embraces and values diversity and inclusion in our workforce.