|Job Type:||Full Time|
At AIA Australia and New Zealand,
our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives through our customer value proposition centred on Life, Health and Wellness .
Our vision is to champion Australia and New Zealand to be the healthiest and most protected nations in the world.
Our firm belief is that by following our operating philosophy of doing the right thing, in the right way with the right people, the results will come.
Reporting to Technical Claims Consultant Manager the main responsibility of this role is to provide technical claims expertise to the Group Claims team including the execution of agreed claims strategies and the ongoing up-skilling and development of claims staff. The role must also ensure the effective and efficient assessment of claims within the framework of our business operating protocols, policy terms and conditions and, where appropriate, the Insurance Contracts Act and other relevant legislation.
- Work within the training framework in order to deliver improved technical capability and development within the Group Claims function:
- Providing technical advice to Senior Assessors on claims reviews - using the opportunity to develop Senior Assessors’ knowledge and capability.
- Conduct peer reviews of high value claims as required by authority levels.
- Participation in case conferences and duration reviews.
- Conduct overpayment and ex-gratia analysis
- Assist the Training team to design, develop and deliver selected training materials, using appropriate adult learning techniques and philosophies, to address technical capability requirements of the Group Claims.
- Provide SME assistance to the Training Consultants to make sure all training is evaluated for technical accuracy. Identify potential improvements to policies, ways of working, claims philosophy, etc. Bring them to the attention of the Continuous Improvement team and assist with updating technical aspects of documentation as required.
With proven experience in life insurance, you will ideally you will hold a Level 4 Authority or equivalent. Your high level of product, claims and legislation/regulation knowledge will really set you apart from others.
Healthier, Longer, Better Lives
At AIA Australia and New Zealand, wellbeing is at our core. We understand that healthy employees are happy employees. That’s why we have a culture of care that promotes wellbeing and flexibility including fruit box deliveries, recharge days, flexible work arrangements and an AIA Vitality membership (including a FitBit!).
We focus on career development, people development and leadership capability, so that you’ll be nurtured and have every opportunity to reach your full potential.
We recognise your efforts and hard work because we understand that everyone in our AIA family is important. When people feel valued, they become more productive and satisfied, and we want you to feel inspired every day.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that embraces and values diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
For more information please contact: email@example.com