|Job Type:||Full Time|
At AIA Australia and New Zealand, our purpose is to make a difference in people’s lives through our customer value proposition centred on Life, Health and Wellness.
Our vision is to champion Australia and New Zealand to be the healthiest and most protected nations in the world.
Our firm belief is that by following our operating philosophy of doing the right thing, in the right way with the right people, the results will come.
The opportunity at AIA
Reporting to the Claims Team Leader your role is to proactively manage claims in accordance with policy terms and conditions and, where appropriate, the Insurance Contracts Act and other relevant legislation, ensuring that the client is given a fair assessment without compromising AIA Australia’s reputation and brand in any way.
Some of the key responsibilities
- Assess claims through the practical application of the policy terms and conditions
- Deploy reasonable application of claims management tools, resources and requirements in assessing a claim, ensuring that the client is given a fair assessment without compromising AIA Australia’s reputation and brand in any way
- Confirm, and where appropriate, substantiate claim decisions to members, Trustees and/or intermediaries as appropriate.
- Pro-actively manage claims durations and engage with appropriate third parties such as rehabilitation to ensure sustainable return to work outcomes are facilitated.
- Investigate and resolve disputes
- Ensure data integrity is maintained in the claims system
To be successful in the role you will
- Previous claims assessing experience in a general or life insurance environment, or relevant experience in an allied health environment (not essential)
- Ability to consistently build and maintain good, positive relationships with members, clients and other key stakeholders
- Ability to understand the importance of and then provide an excellent customer/client experience.
- Ability to listen with understanding and empathy, and identify useful information for claims assessment.
- Ability to liaise with a broad range of people internally and externally whether in person, by phone or in writing, including obtaining and then sharing complex or technical information in an accessible manner.
- Ability to identify key issues and proactively find solutions.
AIA benefits and Culture | Healthier, Longer, Better Lives
At AIA Australia and New Zealand, wellbeing is at our core. We understand that healthy employees are happy employees. That’s why we have a culture of care that promotes wellbeing and flexibility including fruit box deliveries, recharge days, flexible work arrangements and an AIA Vitality membership (including a FitBit!).
We focus on career development, people development and leadership capability, so that you’ll be nurtured and have every opportunity to reach your full potential.
We recognise your efforts and hard work because we understand that everyone in our AIA family is important. When people feel valued, they become more productive and satisfied, and we want you to feel inspired every day.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that embraces and values diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
For more information please contact: Emily.email@example.com