|Job Type:||Full Time|
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Logistics and Sales Planning Manager, the main purpose of the role is to guide the Coal Processing Plant leadership team in seizing opportunities to improve coal yield at the Dendrobium and Westcliff coal processing plants. You will effectively manage, govern and control the standards, technical documentation, approval of modifications to plant, equipment, definition, planning and execution of projects to improve yield, throughput and quality.
Other accountabilities include:
- Analyse and improve processing systems to minimise lost opportunity in coal recovery and production volume
- Identify and deliver projects to optimise operation in terms of Safety, Volume, Cost meeting timeline targets
- Achieve best practice for CHPP operating processes through application of best practice standards and drive initiatives to improve work practices and procedures
- Drive a culture with a focus on reducing costs through maximising recovery, minimising down time and eliminating waste
- Reviews on area performance process, identifying reasons for variance and determining actions to deliver the weekly plan
- This position will be based at our Wollongong office, located at the Innovation Campus.
- A Metallurgical, Process or Mechanical Engineering qualification (or a related discipline) with >5 years in an Process Engineering function is preferred for this role, along with a Project management qualification
- Practical operational experience in CHPP coal environment, ideally with in-depth experience and knowledge in project delivery from study to steady state operations.
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability
- Broad experience in coal processing positions in project or operations roles with a strong metallurgical / process background, to include experience checking and challenging design calculations / assumptions as required
- Ability to relate with technical and operational people and adapt influencing and negotiation style to different situations
- Financial skills to assess business impact/results of initiatives
- Improvement focus - identifying best practice and transferring knowledge
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.