|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
As our next HV Electrician Leading Hand reporting to theElectrical Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results within a high-performance team.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12-hour day shifts on a 7/7 Roster (Wednesday – Tuesday); full camp facilities are available and bus will be provided from Mackay or Rockhampton to the Dysart Camp.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain electrical systems associated with a fleet of ultra-class AC Drive Haul Trucks in accordance with Thiess servicing and maintenance procedures.
- Execute maintenance work using efficient equipment servicing strategies to achieve targeted service times and schedule compliance rates.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems.
- Manage and maintain electrical systems associated with the maintenance facilities and ancillary plant as well as relevant site infrastructure.
- Control and maintain compliance of all electrical activity in a safe and efficient manner while actively promoting, coordinating and supervising responsible work practices.
- Ensure excellent housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
Role Requirements for a High Voltage Electrician Leading Hand:
- Electrical trade qualification and current QLD Electrical Licence with relevant HV certification.
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintaining electrical equipment and their control systems in a heavy industrial or mining environment with prior experience working as a HV Electrician on open cut heavy earthmoving AC Trucks.
- Prior experience Supervising small highly efficient work groups.
- Experience working with permit to work systems.
- Experience working with business management systems such as JDE and Microsoft suite of programs.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on Friday 30 August 2019.