Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
The Senior Designer – SMP will prepare multi-disciplined designs and drawings and ensure all works are completed within agreed times and budget limits. Based out of our Milton office, as the Senior Designer you will be able to produce 3D models and design drawings in conjunction with the broader engineering team throughout the entire project lifecycle from concept to detailed engineering.
- Relevant qualification (Diploma or Certificate) in Drafting or Computer Aided Design;
- Significant experience in mechanical, piping or structural 3D drafting, quality control and drawing register management in the construction, mining or resources industries;
- Effective communication skills and the ability to liaise with Engineers to establish design criteria ensuring that agreed targets are met in the delivery of drawings for schedule and budget;
- Flexibility and willingness for site travel as required;
- Demonstrated experience checking, editing and modifying all design drawings ensuring suitability and compliance with all requirements;
- Experienced using AutoCAD, Advanced Steel and/or Plant3D;
- Microstation experience highly regarded;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Truly flexible working conditions incorporating part time/casual and job share opportunities throughout various office locations.
To apply, please follow the links. For more information, you may email Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org however applications will not be accepted via email.