|Job Type:||Full Time|
At AWS we are driving a number of global programs across our Solutions Architecture function to optimize our ability to improve the customer experience and increase employee productivity.
We are looking for an experienced program manager that will collaborate with SA program sponsors and Solutions Architects in the field to plan the implementation, drive execution and communicate results of technical programs in their portfolio. Ideally, you would have worked as a program manager with a technical background.
You will be customer obsessed and have experience working on global, cross-functional initiatives. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills while working in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment. You will have broad experience in industry standard project/program management methodologies with a passion to innovate and iterate quickly. You will bring demonstrated experience with leadership responsibility of programs for technical resources.
- Gain support for recommended programs using strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Collaborate with customers at all levels to gather requirements and feedback, define objectives & deliver results
- Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to leadership and stakeholders.
- Host and/or facilitate sessions to deeply understand the impacts of system or process changes and aggregate feedback across markets, verticals and teams.
- Prioritize effectively and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization
- Partner with your program sponsors to define program strategy and key performance indicators.
- Deploy metrics to track progress against program metrics, report regularly on progress and define annual goals.
- Build and maintain documentation deliverables, dashboards and communication materials for program portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Program management skills with experience in influencing others outside of direct line of reporting, and advocating on behalf of the customer
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize complex concepts, formulate a clear point of view, and write concise and compelling narratives.
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
- Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes. - Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
- An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do” approach to managing ambiguity and a highly iterative creative process
- 3-5 years’ experience in a software development or solutions architecture role
- Building and maintaining partnerships with local and global teams
- Experience with latest learning technology that improves the efficiency and effectiveness of field training delivery and absorption.
- Experience in building trust with internal technical audiences such as customer facing technical resources.
- An Ability to travel ~ 20% time