|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity:
We are seeking experienced Defence Project Managers for several current opportunities within the Major Services Provider contract, providing support to our Defence clients in Canberra. Our Project Managers work across Defence Aerospace, Communications, Maritime and LAND programs and integrated work packages, so your work could be varied, challenging and interesting, whilst your primary focus would be within the Defence Acquisition and Sustainment lifecycles.
What you would be involved in:
- Monitoring and reporting on overall Contract Performance;
- Administrating the Head Contract as it applies to each project including the establishment of processes to maximise efficiencies across the complete contract;
- Managing resources across Projects in conjunction with the DoD Project Manager / Contract Engineering Manager;
- Developing and Costing of S&Q requests in conjunction with the Project Manager / Contract Engineering Manager including customer negotiations;
- Liaising and managing customers on Contractual / General Management issues;
- Contractual / Project Management / Reporting support to all Projects;
- Business Development / Task Identification;
- Liaising and reporting to the Nova Program Manager as required.
- Australian Citizen with an NV1 clearance;
- Exposure to Acquisition and Sustainment and pre first pass stage of the lifecycle (advantageous);
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics / Electrical or Avionics) or similar engineering degree (preferred);
- A relevant certification or qualification in Project Management (preferred);
- Project management experience across complex technical Defence projects;
- Resource Management;
- Stakeholder management;
- Contract management;
- Budget management;
- Technical consulting experience (preferred);
- Experience within the CASG or ADF environments (highly regarded);
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent client management skills;
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque?
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Systems has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only).
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Serena in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.