|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
We are currently seeking an experienced GIS Analyst for a project based in Melbourne. This is a great opportunity for an experienced GIS Analyst to join a leading Tier 1 Contractor.
As GIS Analyst you will be accountable for :
- Implementing and providing advice to projects regarding in-house spatial engineering systems and procedures
- Planning, preparing, reviewing and maintaining project spatial data using ArcGIS and compatible software
- Providing technical project support in the spatial engineering areas of GIS Solutions, Asset Management, Mobile Mapping and other spatial related applications
- Effectively utilising existing spatial engineering applications as a project lifecycle tool
- Working with Senior Project staff (System development) in the testing of spatial engineering systems and the integration of other systems
- Effectively using and promoting the suite of spatial products across the project for spatial purposes
- Researching and testing other spatial engineering tools that are compatible and useful to the project
- Utilising and testing mobile, desktop and server based applications that are compatible with the CPB Contractors Spatial system
- Promoting the use of web-based access to GIS/spatial database
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Previous experience in spatial applications on a large multi-disciplined construction project/(s).
- Ideally, tertiary qualifications in Geomatics, Surveying, Arts or Applied Science
- Previous experience in Civil, Mining, Services and Process engineering projects work would be well-regarded
- Ability to self-manage with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Strong verbal and written communication, and training/presentation skills
- High-level competency and experience in a wide range of spatial applications – such as GIS applications, Survey applications & Remote Sensing Applications
- Ability to develop relationships, influence, mentor others and negotiate outcomes
- Good understanding of ArcGIS Server, Geocortex and web delivery mechanisms for geospatial content
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.