|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Facility Colocation Engineer with be responsible for Data Center Engineering Operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
Responsibilities may include:
- Relationship management of co-location partners
- Routinely work with internal business development team members to ensure new and existing work orders represent the organizations needs.
- Responsible for the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed, is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
- Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses & prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility infrastructure operations & maintenance.
- Generate Change Management requests & Incident Management tickets for events that DCEO are responsible to manage.
- Work with DC managers (IT) and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
- Establish documentation relevant to business & facility operations.
- Responsible for the installation of the racks and the provision of power/cooling within it's constraints.
- Review the management of both routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
- Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
- Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
- Management of the Facility assets and the provision of infrastructure & inventory asset management.
- Attend and participate in regular Construction & Operational Meetings as required.
- Familiar with Work Order compliance to ensure all contractual SLA’s are achieved.
- Interface with Infra Ops management for day to day operational requirements.
- Assist in recruiting efforts.
- Assist in the the resolution of any infrastructure engineering or services issue.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in maintaining a DC or Critical space facility
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with the concepts and interaction of Service Management systems (Problem & Change)
- Experience with the development of MOPs & SWMS for planned works
- Physical Security protocol awareness
- Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience.
- 6+ years of Data Center Engineering/Operations Experience
- 4+ years of Data Center Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.