|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration: Attractive salary package on offer
- Opportunity to drive change and make a difference as part of a Top 50 ASX listed organisation
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Exciting technology projects
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
About the role:
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Signalling Engineering Leader, this role will provide professional leadership and engineering expertise in railway signalling. The role will be an integral member of the Control Systems – Signalling team. Some features of the role and working environment are highlighted below:
- Contemporary office environment in our brand-new, state-of-the-art, Fortitude Valley building, including excellent engineering test room facilities and best practice end-of-trip facilities;
- Exciting new technology projects including a trial of ETCS Level 2 technology in our Central Queensland Coal Network;
- Rolling program of Asset Renewals projects for our $6 billion Network;
- Contributing to our goal of a digital engineering environment, by providing engineers with applications and processes that help efficiently deliver a quality output;
You’ll thrive on working in a dynamic and agile environment, value stakeholder engagement and be an enthusiastic member of the team. Have the ability to work autonomously, use initiative and have a methodical and thorough approach to all work and tasks.
Essential requirements for applying:
- Bachelor of Engineering (or an equivalent approved qualification) with clearly defined pathway to Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) - Electrical qualification
- Australian working rights
- 10+ years' engineering experience (Preferred)
Important for applying: Signalling Engineering expertise in some of the following areas:
- Computer Based Interlocking design
- Signalling circuit design
- Track detection technologies
- Power supply and surge protection technologies
- Point Machine technologies
- Level Crossing technologies
- IT Networking technologies
- Principles Testing
- Product Type Approvals
Other skills that are of interest to these roles include:
- Technical document writing
- Technical Project Coordination
What We Can Offer You
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Great location in Fortitude Valley with high end refurbished offices
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
Our people are responsible for transporting more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities – connecting miners, primary producers and industry with international and domestic markets. We are proud of the role we play as a supply chain partner for many of Australia’s strong export industries, which in turn strengthens our local communities and helps to grow regional Australia. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
With Safety as our core value, our strategy is to focus on creating a safe working environment where employees feel strongly connected to our values and organisational objectives.
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZERO Harm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information regarding this vacancy, contact Stephanie Tyson on 07 3019 1199