|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Join our friendly team and a leading provider of palliative care services in Melbourne. Our aim is to maximize the quality of life by provision of the highest standard symptom management and support
- Grade 3 Palliative Care Registered Nurse, Mercy Palliative Care
- Work between Sunshine, Parkville and Werribee offices (rotational position)
- Permanent Full time, part time and casual positions available
- Provide palliative care to terminally ill patients in the community, and support their families.
- Provide clinical support to Junior staff and student nurses as required
- In-service education and clinical supervision provided
- Pool car and electronic devices provided
- Post graduate qualifications or working towards same, preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in palliative care , either in a hospital or community setting
- Position may also be suited to an experienced Oncology Nurse
- Ability to work across a variety of shifts including night duty
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the concepts of palliative care
- The willingness to travel and work from any one of our three community sites (rotational position)
Mercy Palliative Care is a community palliative care service operating in the Western region of Melbourne. Mercy Palliative Care provides a holistic multidisciplinary approach to palliative care. We provide psychological and spiritual support through caring for people of all ages with life limiting illnesses in their homes as well as complex symptom management. We currently care for over 500 patients across the region in their own home
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 9000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Kirsten Mitchener; Clinical Nurse Consultant, 03 9313 5700 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: MPC 04
Applications Close: Friday, 8 March 2019