|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate Counsel, Regulatory & Compliance
This is a role within Optus legal’s corporate team, reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel, Regulatory & Compliance. The Corporate Counsel, Regulatory & Compliance (CC) will assist in the provision of regulatory and compliance legal services to the Optus business.
You will be expected to have or be able to develop expertise in telecommunications laws, consumer and privacy laws and regulations in connection with the activities of regulators such as the ACCC, the TIO, the ACMA and the Privacy Commission, as well as WHS laws, and the reforms underway to major areas of corporate governance. Some finance law experience would be desirable.
Key responsibilities will include the:
- provision of quality legal advice to support the business to deliver excellent products and services to customers
- monitoring of changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment within which Optus operates and to apply those changes and developments to ways of working at Optus
- development of appropriate strategies to manage major legal and regulatory risks, during the process of products under development, and after launch to market
- provision of advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the status of compliance at Optus and on the various elements of Optus’ Compliance Program and its continual improvement
- timely response to regulatory enquiries and investigations
- ongoing communication with internal clients to embed a culture of compliance across Optus.
Optus offers all kinds of benefits, such as:
- collaborative and friendly ways of working with colleagues
- an open, agile environment with flexible working hours
- discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (technology, retail, home, fashion and more)
- mobile & internet discounts, novated car leasing, and other financial benefits
- onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a gym, GP, mini-mart, cafes
- training, mentoring and further learning opportunities
- social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- regular visits by various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, and independent retailers.
You need to be a self-starter with a resilient and collaborative attitude, who believes corporate compliance is integral to the success of Optus and what it promises to customers. To be successful, the following qualifications and experiences are essential:
- admission as a solicitor in one or more states of Australia (or equivalent qualifications from overseas and taking steps to be admitted in Australia)
- 5+ years post admission legal experience
- in-house experience would be advantageous
- telecommunications law, commercial law, consumer law, WHS, finance and/or litigation experience
- strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- enjoy identifying solutions for complex legal and regulatory issues.
At Optus, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians and their communications needs.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!