|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior User Researcher
Are you a user researcher who thrives on connecting the dots and working in a team who wants to make a difference?
The opportunity for you to:
- Take the lead in shaping a program of user research that impacts our strategy and design for xero.com
- Shine a light on the on user needs and problems that focus our efforts and help push us forward
- Plan and conduct research using a mix of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Synthesise research and use storytelling to share insights that are meaningful and actionable
- Be a champion and advocate for representing diverse audiences
- Problem solve with a team who enjoys transforming insights into exceptional experiences
The experience you bring:
- 3 years+ of hands-on experience planning and conducting a program of user research
- Expertise in deciding which blend of research methods will provide the strongest insights
- Proven experience in research documentation and storytelling to bring the research to life
- Analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- Engaging and collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders
- A strong understanding of user-centred design methodologies and principles
About the xero.com experience team
We are a small team of curious, human-centred designers and content strategists. We work within a 50+ person strong cross-functional digital team. Together, we create world-class user experiences for our website. xero.com – a key asset, which attracts almost a million page views every day.
Our team is quite new, so it is a great time to get on board and take part in shaping our future. As a global team, in a global company, there is no shortage of variety and interesting problems to explore.
Across Xero, we have a mature and supportive user research practice to collaborate with. This is an opportunity ripe for you to take ownership of your career and do the best work of your life.
Working at Xero
At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Xero is a design-driven company that has maintained a start up feel. Our facilities and people experience teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks: flexible working arrangements, competitive packages, extra days off, a volunteer day, great social and wellbeing initiatives and much more.
So please, do apply to join us and have fun while you do the best work of your life.
- Send your CV, highlighting your relevant experience
- Include a cover letter that tells us about a user research program you have implemented or been a key part of that has made a real impact (in 250 words or less.
Please note: We will be undertaking remote interviews only at this time. As we are born in the cloud, so are used to doing things remote anyway :)