|Job Type:||Full Time|
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Build your legal capability in a global organisation
- Support our business teams
- Permanent position
You are strong on your technical concepts, are solution and outcome focused, commercially astute and thrive in building relationships with internal and external clients. You are able to work autonomously but also enjoy working in a collaborative team based environment from working closely with our clients to our other legal colleagues.
What will I be doing?
You will be providing legal support on a broad range of matters to our Asia Pacific clients across all lines of business and Asia Pacific legal teams, as well as supporting the ANZ legal team as required.
You will provide legal assistance by working with our Asia Pacific legal teams to support our business teams by drafting and reviewing standard commercial contracts, provide legal assistance on RFPs, review confidentiality and sponsorship agreements, provide legal review and support on internal compliance, provide corporate and commercial advice from privacy to competition, provide regulatory risk identification and response and other legal support.
What skills will I need?
- Ideally, has experience in advising on technology contracts or has experience that demonstrates capability to work in the technology space
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong client relationship building skills, with exceptional written and verbal communication,
- Can work autonomously and also collaboratively with others and enjoys working in a team based environment (we really are looking for a team player!)
- Can process and communicate legal concepts and a complex business environment in simple, commercial and practical terms
- Is adaptable and agile being able to multi-task and prioritise competing requirements (we are in tech – we thrive in being agile!)
- Enjoys attention to details but not so it gets in the way in being solution and outcome focused
- Is open to trying new things because they love learning and applying something they have not done before.
What experience do I need?
- Degree in Law or JD from a recognised institution with a strong academic background
- Current practising certificate, NSW/VIC or other Australian state.
- Technology background (advantageous)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.