|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like helping customers implement challenging video workflows? Would you like to do this using the latest encoding and cloud computing technologies? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud adoption initiatives?
AWS Elemental builds cloud-based and on-premises video encoding, origin, packaging, and management solutions for Live and Video-On-Demand workflows for customers worldwide. These solutions are integrated into larger AWS or other workflows. The AWS Elemental Specialised Solutions Architect is an expert in building architectures to support video processing and delivery workflows. In this role the Solutions Architect is expected to assist customers, partners, and AWS account teams with optimizing these workflows to best fit the application and use case.
The AWS Elemental Specialised SA will work closely with customers as well as our internal development teams on creating new blueprints and best practices for helping customers transition to AWS cloud services. Building next generation architectures requires both a depth and breadth of understanding of the technical, operational and business challenges each Media & Entertainment (M&E) customer is facing.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to guide customers through this disruptive shift to cloud based video processing and delivery, utilizing best of breed AWS services as well as partner solutions.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, be a great teammate and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
You need to have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building new cloud solutions for video workflows for a variety of different markets. You should be ready to embrace the challenge and have fun doing it.
- Ensure customer success in building architectures to support video processing and delivery workflows
- Act as the primary technical interface for customer evaluations and provide responsive and knowledgeable pre-sales support
- Work with to design and integrate our products and services into both new and legacy video workflows for our customers
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers, partners and system integrators on best practices
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Communicate customer feedback to Product Management and the Services team (feature requests, market trends, etc.)
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to verify technical requirements for customer-requested features and defect fixes
- A BS in computer science, electrical engineering or other related field
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with Broadcast or OTT workflows
- Experience with video compression and packaging, especially H.264, HEVC, HLS and MPEG DASH
- 3-5 years’ experience with Linux operating systems
- Occasional international travel required (4-5 per year)
- 3-4 years’ experience using at least one Linux-based scripting language (e.g. Perl, Ruby, Bash, Python)
- Experience with cloud-based services (S3, EC2, Cloudfront, etc.) or AWS SA Professional certification strongly preferred
- Experience working with broadcast, distribution, or content creation customers and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of their requirements and workflows