|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Help define the future strategic direction and growth agenda for client businesses
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG Enterprise Management Consulting provides a dedicated mid-market management consulting service, offering tier 1 consulting expertise to help our clients solve their most complex problems. With significant growth in recent years we are now seeking a top performing manager to join our entrepreneurial high-growth management consulting team and be part of an exciting new growth area for KPMG.
Working with KPMG you will consult on client projects, translating business and customer needs into innovative solutions. You will identify changes and recommend solutions that will typically involve a combination of customer/citizen centricity, process and value stream analysis, digital transformation, and operational excellence outcomes. You will be exposed to a range of exciting projects across industry sectors and service lines including:
- Defining the future strategic direction and growth agenda for client businesses or specific business functions
- Translating the voice of the customer into future state process designs and operational practices
- Defining target operating models to align organisational strategy to processes, people, capabilities, infrastructure, technology and measures
- Designing the target architecture of front, middle and back office functions
- Defining the technology strategy to create new streams of value in a business
- Determining the benefits of change and the impacts on operational processes, productivity and capacity
- Training and coaching teams and leaders in the application of continuous improvement methodologies and best practice operations management
- Providing analysis and critical thinking to solve complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating with sector, strategy, operations and technology experts to grow your knowledge and network
- Working closely with the local and national team to bring innovation to our existing capabilities to help KPMG remain at the forefront of strategy, operational excellence and technology practices and thinking
This role requires a generalist skillset meaning that as part of the role you will initially have a broad focus, meaning you do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. This can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is new. The focus will be on delivering high quality engagement outcomes for our clients and maintaining productive client relationships that allow you to build strong professional networks over time:
- Take responsibility for leading consulting engagements, managing the day to day delivery effort and work of the delivery team
- Analyse, workshop and present insights and recommendations enabled by strategic thinking, technical knowledge and strong and clear communication skills
- Take responsibility for delivering high quality deliverables and outcomes for our clients
- Undertake and lead business development activities including the creation of compelling and differentiated value propositions in opportunity pursuits
- Lead and coach others in engagements, and mentoring staff as they grow their capabilities, careers and client service impact
- Support a high performance culture to consistently deliver quality outcomes for clients and great growth opportunities and mentorship for junior colleagues
How are you Extraordinary?
We believe in diversity of thought, background and unique experience. We are looking for people in this role with a passion for and / or experience in the following areas:
- Exceptional structured thinking, analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Experience working with FMCG/Food and Beverage sector highly regarded
- Proven ability to translate business and customer needs into best practice process and operation design requirements
- Experience or exposure to the practical application of continuous improvement methodologies such as Agile, Lean or Six Sigma
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skill
- Understanding or exposure to business and / or technology solution design and target operating model design and delivery is desirable
- Understanding or exposure to technology architecture assessment, design and implementation
- Undergraduate degree and 5+ years work experience
- Experience in Management Consulting is highly desirable, or an ability to demonstrate background in internal facing consulting services
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!