|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Reliability team, based in Wellington.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for setting our vision and strategy for a portfolio of products and services . You will lead, coach and mentor a talented team of Product Owners. Your skillful leadership of them enables them, and their engineering pods, to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
What does success look like?
- You have a clear understanding of Xero’s strategic priorities and how your portfolio of products and services align to it. You have articulated a compelling product vision.
- You have coached your Product Owners in modern product discovery practices — enabling them and their engineering pods to understand and use many experimental techniques. You continually improve on and champion modern product discovery practices inside and outside of your team.
- You and your Product Owners actively seek out metrics to validate a hypothesis and measure results.
- You, your Product Owners, and their engineering pods obsess over customers: You all engage directly with them and get product ideas from observing customer struggles, and analyzing customer data.
- You have built healthy relationships with your stakeholders. All stakeholders are updated appropriately on product vision, strategy, releases and roadmaps. Key partnerships are established as necessary to enable the success of products and services within your portfolio.
- You have a compelling portfolio of products and services that your customers love to use.
- Your Product Owners are effectively supported. Their performance is reviewed regularly and feedback is continually provided in a timely manner.
- Your Product Owners and their engineering pods are empowered to make decisions when fast, decentralised decision-making is appropriate to reduce delays, make improvements, enable faster feedback and more innovative solutions.
What you'll bring with you
- Proven experience championing strategic priorities and helping others relate to and align with it. Proven experience setting product vision and strategy.
- Proven Product Ownership experience — with an extensive toolbox of modern product discovery practices to draw upon.
- Proven experience using a range of metrics to monitor the success and health of products and services. Proven experience of making evidence-based decisions.
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs. Proven experience connecting teams closer with customers (and not just be a proxy for them).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Proven experience building meaningful, collaborative relationships across all levels of the business.
- Proven experience advocating for/evangelising a product or service with customers and stakeholders.
- Proven experience leading and building high-performing product teams, fostering an open and collaborative environment.
- Proven experience working with innovative software development projects at scale
- You will have a growth mindset
- You demonstrate a love of learning and resilience to adversity that is essential for great accomplishment.
- You will have an adaptive and collaborative leadership style that meets the needs of the individual or group. Celebrates others’ successes with them and helps others learn when things don’t go as planned.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!