|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, especially in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services? Can you envision a future where smarter machines solve complex business problems?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, is looking for a Head of AI/ML Technology to join a technical team focusing on Amazon artificial intelligence and machine learning (e.g. SageMaker, Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Translate, Transcribe, Comprehend). Working side by side with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for helping customers create new services, new capabilities, and decrease cost by adopting Amazon AI and ML services.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from an AI/ML services or software background but has an unmet need to guide the broader industry towards adoption and exploitation of a technology you firmly believe in. You will possess technical expertise in AI and ML, along with a diverse technical, IT management, and/or engineering background, as well as knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and product developments. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it.
- Engage in senior level customer meetings to drive AWS AI/ML adoption. Dive into customer business challenges and execute strategies on how AWS AI services can help address and resolve these challenges.
- Serve as an evangelist for the AWS AI Services and ML Platform within AWS and externally.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services AI and Machine Learning Services
- Collaborate with internal teams to define the product road map and market positioning for AI and Machine Learning services
- Identify, drive, develop, and support community user groups and developer program initiatives for AI and Machine Learning services
- Create and maintain white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS AI and Machine Learning services along with relevant emerging technologies, open source projects, and industry developments.
- Significant experience working in a technology evangelist or technical executive role
- Strong knowledge and experience with AI and Machine Learning services, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
- Computer Science Degree
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English, plus other languages relevant within the region.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, AI and Machine Learning Services, Big Data and distributed computing.
- 2nd degree in an AI/ML related specialty or 5-10 years’ experience working with AI/ML systems or services
- Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations is a requirement.
- Knowledge of AWS AI and Machine Learning Services a bonus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies in defining industry standards
- Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Pre-established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred.
- Extensive industry contacts in the AI and Machine Learning software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers