|Job Type:||Full Time|
The AWS Infrastructure organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented candidate to manage long range data center capacity planning. Data center capacity planning (DCCP) owns the supply plan for data center power and space in response to the customer forecasts. DCCP partners with several stakeholders such as demand planning, real estate, global expansion management, power, water, fiber, construction management and finance teams to plan data center capacity for a five year horizon. In this role, you will also work closely with technical program managers to track data center builds from land acquisition to construction. You will regularly present capacity plans and highlight supply gaps to your stakeholders and hold them accountable to close those gaps, to ensure zero interruption of service for AWS customers. You will own the accuracy of data center capacity plans. You will also, identify defects or waste in our planning processes, and drive new processes and software automation to eliminate the defects and prevent them from recurring without posing risk to availability.
Successful candidates will be analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments and work backwards from the needs of internal and external customers to create solutions that work for upstream and downstream teams as well as data center capacity planning. They will be comfortable working with data and using data to make decisions, solve problems and influence stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of capacity planning, production planning, operations planning, or inventory planning experience.
- Experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Ability to think and react in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to senior executives.
- Dual education background - business and tech/quantitative discipline.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data (including SQL) and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Data center planning experience
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role