|Job Type:||Full Time|
Being a Software Engineer at Tyro
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. You build it, you own it. If you’re a top-notch Developer who likes the sound of continuous learning, new tech, a social and fun culture, great work-life balance, and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you!
Tyro’s Engineering team is one of the most disciplined agile organisations in the country. We’re on our journey towards DevOps and cloud adoption. This is a unique opportunity to innovate, strategise and implement the best possible approach in a greenfield environment.
Tyro 'traditionally' has a deep rooted, though not 100%, pair programming and agile culture where engineers occasionally pair (not 100%) on tasks to build high quality solutions to support our ever growing POS and lending client base. You’ll be working with very smart engineers and engaging them on a journey towards inculcating a truly DevOps work environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Involved through the whole delivery life cycle, from inception to production, through to planning, development and testing, contributing at every stage
- Contributing to code reviews & documentation as well as taking on complex bug fixes
- Living a real agile experience and being in control of your fate: contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
- Translating your technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the Tyro vision
- Responsible for the development of high performance features, services and algorithms
- Experimenting with new technologies! We're always open to trialling something new here.
On your first day we'd like you to have:
- Experience writing highly testable code and lots of it
- Commercial experience developing complex, distributed web applications
- Passion for creating quality software and be someone who is up to date on new technologies
- Test automation and Continuous Integration & Delivery practices
- Experience with building microservices
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with cloud-based development and DevOps practices (ideally AWS)
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills.