|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity:
We are currently seeking experienced Guided Weapons Engineers to join our team in Canberra.
Working under the LAND program, you will be involved in various Defence projects, including certification, engineering design change and project management.
Ex-Defence Disciplines (RAAF - Armament Engineer, Navy WEEO or WEA) Highly regarded.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing technical outcomes within a professional engineering team;
- Design and compliance activities;
- Development and review of design engineering artefacts to comply with client needs using engineering systems;
- Providing specialist engineering consulting services to our clients in the areas of guided and / or non-guided weapons procurement;
- Weapons integration and system sustainment;
- Test and evaluation activities.
- BACH Engineering Degree;
- Current or recently active AGSVA clearance - Min NV1 (must be Australian citizen);
- Experience in the Defence Project environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our clients;
- Experience with guided and/or non-guided weapons procurement, certification and/or integration activities.
- Ex service background (RAAF Armament, Naval WEEO, WEA) or experience in an engineering stream within a Defence Project;
- Familiarity with guided and / or non-guided weapons / munitions, ADF weapons technical regulatory framework, explosive ordnance, material management, technical management. EO / weapons related land, sea and air operations.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to consult to a diverse group of clients;
- Be a clear communicator both written and verbal;
- Be a team player with a can do attitude.
As a professional services firm, we recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. At Nova we work on some pretty interesting, diverse and at times highly complex projects. We ensure employees have the opportunity to work in a unique environment that is fun and down-to-earth, while having the support to perform to the best of their ability in the safest possible manner.
We commit to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience and develop professionally. Everyone at Nova can expect open, direct communication from their leaders and peers. Everyone at Nova can expect to be rewarded for their efforts.
We commit to providing equal opportunities to all Novan’s, and recognise that honesty, fairness, mutual respect and the responsible exercise of power are fundamental to achieving equity for all.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies".
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button submitting your resume (only).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Jason in our internal talent team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.