|Job Type:||Full Time|
AWS enables companies of all sizes to rethink their relationship with technology. If you are excited by these opportunities to unshackle customers from traditional boxes & wires, and have relevant experience, please come join our team and let's cloudify the world! Opportunity like this comes once in a generation - don't watch the history unfold from the sidelines - join us to write it!
Successful candidate will help our customers move their existing Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) systems to AWS cloud or to build them in AWS cloud. You will help customers migrate and reorganize their structured data in a way that would allow them realize the benefits of higher flexibility, scale, and resiliency inherent in cloud-based DW systems. Already, many customers have migrated their data to AWS cloud and enjoy greater speed of innovation, resiliency, security, and global footprint. This success of other customers and our dedication to being the best public cloud platform for running DW/BI workloads inspires new customers to move their systems to AWS.
After joining our team, you will be provided with ramp-up support and a team of mentors to ensure you get off to a good start. After that, within the first six months, we will ask you to help your first large customer migrate some of their existing DW/BI system onto AWS to to build one on our platform. Within first 12 months, you will have an opportunity to work with several major companies in Australia, present at the next AWS Summits in various parts of APAC, conduct internal training, and publish blogs and whitepapers. You will also have an opportunity to influence the direction of our products by providing actionable customer feedback to the product and engineering managers. Deep technical skills combined with strong customer obsession and ability to communicate clearly are essential to be successful in this role.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be a genuine expert in all aspects of DW/BI and to become a trusted advisor to our customers. You will also need to partner with AWS Sales, Business Development, and Generalist Solutions Architecture teams to develop the internal expertise needed to help even larger number of customers realize the benefits of cloud-based DW/BI systems. You will be part of a great team of very supportive people who will help you be successful, but also expect a lot of you.
This role is not for everyone - we are looking for people who are self-driven, willing to take ownership of things and see them through, able to earn trust of their customers and colleagues by having deep expertise in their area, consistently delivering on their commitments, and inventing new ways for utilizing AWS cloud for the benefit of our customers. And, above all, we are looking for people who share our customer obsession.
If you want to be part of a once in a lifetime transformation in the IT industry and achieve more than you may think you are capable of - this is a perfect place for you! Come join us in bringing the cloud revolution to Australia!
You should not only be passionate about DW/BI technology and about delivering great customer service, but should also be obsessed with accelerating the customers’ successful adoption of AWS. Your other responsibilities include:
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Minimum of 10 years of technology experience, primarily focused on data warehousing, business intelligence, and other forms of data analytics
- Working knowledge of large-scale databases and data warehouses, relational, non-relational, or MPP
- Working knowledge of data transfer/transformation processes (ETL/ELT)
- Working knowledge of DW scheme design, other forms of data modeling, as well as query optimization
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Technical degree required
- At least 5 years of customer-facing experience, preferably in the enterprise space
- At least 7 years hands-on experience building/supporting large-scale DW systems across various industries
- Experience with the analytics presentation layer (Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP) is expected
- Hands-on experience with AWS Analytics Services, particularly Amazon EMR, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon RDS as well as the the core infrastructure services (Amazon S3, EC2, and VPC)
- Experience operating on agile cross-functional teams
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences