|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for helping customers and partners design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using the world’s most advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? Come join the AWS Partner organization as Solutions Architect!
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a global systems integrator or large consulting firm. In this role you will advise and develop the technical capabilities of our partners so they can be successful in the cloud. Working with these large partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders. The ability to handle complex relationships and work in a team environment is a key requirement.
In this role you will have the ability to write technical papers, execute webinars, speak at industry conferences and assist in RFP responses. You will have the opportunity to go deep on our cloud technologies and will work side by side with some of the top technical talent in the industry.
- Act as a cloud computing technical leader for our partners
- Participate in webinars and public speaking
- Author whitepapers, technical articles and blog posts
- Participate in COE efforts with global systems integrators
- Assist with RFP responses and architecture validation of projects
- Organize technical workshops and facilitate the sharing of knowledge across the teams
- Assist partners define the approach, tools, and end state architecture as they migrate customers to Amazon Web Services
- Assist partners build industry & technology solutions on top of AWS platform
- Drive customer POCs to completion
- Work closely with Partner Development Managers and AWS Professional Services during the lifecycle of the POC customer engagements
- Validate partner POC architectures, deliverables, SOWs, project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver customer engagements
- Technology Breadth: demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
- Technology Depth: demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least one technology area; demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
- Experience working with global team
- Passion for working with global systems integrators
- Deep experience in four of these technology areas: relational databases, analytics, applications and web servers, application security, networking, data encryption, storage, or application development
- BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
- Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators and knowing the market landscape
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
- International sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
- Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and custom Java/.NET applications.
- Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, data warehousing, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, management and monitoring, cloud migrations/transformation and devops.
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
- Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level