|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a customer obsessed, Senior Technologist looking to make an impact on some of the most exciting cloud transformation projects in the region?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth’s most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help millions of businesses scale and grow.
In AWS, our Worldwide Public Sector organisation helps state and local governments, educational institutions, government agencies, and non-profits leverage the power of AWS cloud technologies in the way they deliver services to all of us. We address the unique challenges of our customers, including government agencies focused on scientific discoveries and regulatory requirements, local governments using IoT to solve municipal challenges, educational institutions adopting low-cost cloud infrastructure, and nonprofits seeking to extend their reach. We help all of these organisations operate more efficiently, allowing them to dedicate their resources to impacting the lives of the people they serve.
As a Cloud Architect in our Public Sector Professional Services team, you will be an extended part of our customer’s technical teams. As an expert, you’ll help them make decisions on their cloud journey which will ultimately disrupt their business. This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
You’ll also be working with our global AWS Service teams to drive product roadmap and features whilst providing meaningful insight to our customers. Watch a video to find out more about our Australia and New Zealand Professional Services team here https://bit.ly/2Yui73J
Other responsibilities as a Cloud Architect include:-
- Leads multiple large customer teams through planning, prioritization on complex transformation initiatives
- Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers, and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
- Deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, enabling breakthrough innovations for customers
- Partner with senior stakeholders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Lead project scoping and resource planning based on experience and insights
- Shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services
- Apply and create best practices in multiple technical domains using AWS and third party technology products
- Guide customers appropriately following our AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are successfully deployment in the cloud
- Regularly coach and mentor others on best practices
You’ll have a direct impact in enabling businesses across Australia gain the most value from cloud technology. There are plenty of opportunities to develop your technical and consulting skills as we continue to rapidly expand in ANZ. You’ll also have the chance to receive mentorship, gain AWS certifications, and become a specialist in a specific technical domain in the future.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS. Testament to this, we’re listed as one of Linkedin’s Top Companies to Work for in Australia in 2019.
We’re passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs, and Global Mobility opportunities. As an equal opportunity employer we embrace diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Do you want to Come Build with Us and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? We’d love to hear from you.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions, DevOps and / or micro services architectures)
- Experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Cloud Architect, DevOps Engineer, Developer, Technical Lead, Delivery Lead etc.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Good presentation skills with the ability to meaningfully engage with business and technical stakeholders
- Curious mindset with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as Consultant, Solutions Engineer or Solutions architect
- Professional experience architecting large scale solutions on AWS
- AWS Certification e.g. Solutions Architect Associate or Professional