|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Builder Tools team at Amazon is responsible for both internal and external (AWS) developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems.
We own several dozen of the mission-critical internal systems that make Amazon run. We also own the external AWS developer experience. We are empowering AWS customers to build and operate software, just like Amazon does. Cloud9, CodeStar, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy are the beginning of a suite of tools that will put the power of Amazon’s homegrown tools in the hands of our customers. With thousands of internal and external developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet.
The Builder Tools organization is looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Engineer to work on our internal Build Automation tools and process. Our job is to make it a pleasure to be an engineer at Amazon by taking the pain out of the mechanical parts of software development, and reducing the time it takes to build software. More specifically, we own the tools Amazonians use to build production code from end-to-end. This means everything from checking out source code, building it locally, and finally building it to be released. We put the developer in control, provide state-of-the-art tools, and make building software at Amazon scale as easy as building a pet project on one box.
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment.You'll have strong technical skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You like to learn new technologies and industry trends, and get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on a highly visible team, helping define how Amazon creates software, influence the success of every software development team (including AWS, Kindle, Retail, Digital, and more) throughout Amazon, and make Amazon the best place to develop software in the world!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Proficient in two or more programming languages; including but not limited to Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby or Go.
- Experience writing software in an object-oriented language
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architecture.
- Familiarity with a Linux/Mac/Windows development environment
- Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.